Thursday, March 18, 2010

Funny tech support conversations :D

My training in the call center was really interesting, though it was really TIRING!
I received calls from "different" kind of people from all around Jordan.
Different here means Different!
I used to think that there are a variety of people in Jordan, now I BELIEVE it.
I received calls from people who seemed to have good knowledge about computer and internet, and sometimes i didn't know how to answer them, I also received calls from people who don't know a single English Character, whom i also didn't know how to help.

I never thought that you can know the personality of a person through a call, but actually you can! Voice tells a lot.

There were a lot of funny parts in working there, but the funniest ones were those when you tell a customer to do something and he understands something totally different.
I like to post here some conversations I had. :)

(1)
Me: Now after we had clicked on Start menu we have to click on "Control Panel".
Customer: ..............
Me: Did you click on it?
Customer: but there is no "Control panel" button on my keyboard!


(2)
Me: So now after we had entered the user name and password, we have to click on "Connect".
Customer: Ok, ...
Me: ....
Customer: (in angry tone) You see! it still shows me the same error 691!
Me: That means you have not entered it correctly, please tell me again what did you enter?
....
....
(After 10 minutes)
Me: Well, you entered it correctly, but I wonder why it still shows the same error,
wait a minute please! can you tell me how did you enter the "@" sign?
Customer: it is "at", "a" as in apple, and "t" as in teacher!!!!!!!


(3)
Another customer,
Me: So how you enter the username?
Customer: "usernamewwworange-net"
Me: Wait a minute! What did you say after the "username"?
Customer: www, the "a" with circle around!

(-->there are a lot of people who don't know how to read@, some people read it "yahoo"!!)


(4)
Me: What is your modem type?
Customer: XP!

(5)
Me: What is the antivirus you use?
Customer: the problem is not from the antivirus i'm sure, because I have the latest version, it is Vista!


(6)
Me: How did you type the password?
Customer: I typed it correctly but, oh! it turned to five black dots!! I will type it again.


(7)
Another angry customer;

Customer: Can you please ask your company to stop sending viruses to my computer?!!


(8)
Me: ok, can you see the filter?
Customer: .....
Me: I mean the small white box, as matches packet size,
Customer: ok, wait a minute...

(After a while)

Customer: ok, i bring it
Me: What did you bring?
Customer: the matches packet!


(9)
Me: ok, can you go now to "Start"?
Customer: I did, but it will take a while
Me: Sorry, but what did you do?
Customer: I did "Restart" my computer!


(10)
And I had this "cute" call from a child,

Child: Hello Auntie! Can you help me?
Me: sure, what's the problem?
Child: The PC speakers are not working, I made sure they are ON, and plugged them correctly to PC but there is no sound.
Me_to_myself: And why are you calling orange?!


(11)
Me: Well, now the screen in front of me shows that you are "connected".
Customer: ok, thank you. But may i ask something? What else can u see through that screen? If my father call you and ask what websites i visit will you tell him?!!


(12)
Me: Can you tell me how you enter the password?
Customer: I'm sorry I can't tell, I'm a conservative person.
!!!


Well, that's all what I can remember. Hope you enjoyed it ^^

dewa,



8 comments:

Ichigo-mi-chan said...

OMG haha xD !! it seems like training there is fun :P !!especially when u listen to the funny ppl u mentioned xD !!

momiji said...

ichigo-mi-chan,
comment arigatou!^^

here are another two in Arabic:

أنا: اكتب اسم المستخدم لو سمحت
، s من school
الزبون: يعني
s من cat؟
أنا : لأ لأ،
s اللي نفس كبسة حرف السين بالعربي عالكيبورد
الزبون: آآآآآآه قصدك اللي زي حبة الغريبة!!

:S :S :S :S

الزبون: ضو ال
ICDL
عالمودم مش ضاوي
(--> قصده ضو ال
ADSL )

على فكرة لازم يعملو حملة تثقيفية للتفريق بين
ICDL و ADSL
لأنو كتيييييير ناس بيخربطو بينهم><

samer said...

hahaha... zay 7abet il ghraybeh...

mush ma3gool.. this is golden!!

momiji said...

samer san, comment arigatou^^
"7abet il ghraybeh" became a "common sense" :D

Unknown said...

LOOOOOOOL!!!!
its sooo freaking funny

ADSL, ICDL xD!

wahaha i like that one xD!

Kweiko said...

Hello there and OMG one question: How can you hold yourself from laughing?? If it were me, I'd been kicked out of the company because all I'd do is laughing at my customers.

This is hilarious, epic "the problem is not from the antivirus i'm sure, because I have the latest version, it is Vista!"

Although there's some kind of a point there... :P

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rua said...

this is so funny , ya alla

ta7sheeesh el nas ;p