Monday, October 27, 2008

あ!Safety at work!

"Concepts in General Safety" is the name of a subject I'm taking during this semester. I think it is an important subject and all students should study it, even that the lecture is not so interesting!
Well, sometimes it is interesting, or at least the time when the teacher showed us two films about how important is to obey the safety rules in the work place.
And how small mistake could lead to a disaster. One of the videos was about "terrible" piper alpha disaster, and the other was an animation video. which i liked so much!
After the lecture finished, of course, I went directly to the website where you-can-find-anything! And for my luck I found the video, and I like to share it with you.



You can guess why I like it!

5 comments:

Biraru said...

looool.. XD
this video is great .. I'll wear a helmet even when going to university :p

momiji said...

bilal san, thanks for the comment, actually after what we see and hear every day, i think we need a special safety clothes(with a helmet!) even when going to the university!

Amani AbuQdais أماني أبوقديس said...

And you can guess why I like it too^^
Very funny!:D But it wont be so in real life ^^;

Saemon 左衛門 said...

In uni, we (industrial eng.) took a subject called metrology. It dealt with measurement and calibration. It sounded like something trivial beside production and quality control et al. But it is extremely important for safety. For example the challenger shuttle which exploded during take-off was because of a ring that was measured and tested in a different City and different conditions than the launch day conditions..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Shuttle_Challenger_disaster#Pre-launch_conditions_and_delays

I also met a JICA volunteer in tea room meeting, he was a 'calibration engineer'. 'calibration' as a full speciality.. Can you imagine how important it is?

momiji said...

"القشة التي قصمت ظهر البعير " to iimasu ne...