Friday, August 7, 2009

Syria - July 2009 (1) : The Old Town of Aleppo & Public Park

Salam mina san!
In this post and the next two posts I will talk about my trip to Syria this summer, or , I will let the pictures talk instead of me!^^

Aleppo, my city, is located in the far north of Syria. And to reach there, heading from Jordan, we have to pass through other five main cities of Syria.

Dar'a (border city),

Damascus, the capital city:


Homs,

Hama:
"Al'asi river"

And finally,

Aleppo!


Aleppo!


Aleppo!


Aleppo!


Aleppo!

(five Aleppos are enough):D

Yes, it's Aleppo, アレッポ, حلب
And as AlBuhturi said:

سَلِ الحَلَبِيّ عَنْ حَلَبٍ وَعَنْ تِرْكَانِهِ حَلَبَا

I say: Ask the Aleppo-jin about Aleppo...






Aleppo Old Town: Aleppo Citadel, Omayyad Mosque, Khan Asshoneh, and Souq Almadina

Street in the old town

Beside Aleppo Citadel


Aleppo Citadel


Omayyad Mosque and Old Souq View from Aleppo Citadel


Khan Asshoneh Main Entrance



View from inside


Must be taken picture^^

Omayyad Mosque Entrance from the Old Madina Souq

Omayyad Mosque in Aleppo



Mosques in the Old Town



Public Park in Aleppo

Main Entrance
Abu Firas Al-Hamadani Statue

Qweq River



I used to play in this dome with my brother when we were children,
Say your name loudly and the dome will repeat it many times, I discovered later that this is called "Echo"!

Next Post: My Childhood House!
Stay connected!


2 comments:

Biraru said...

Thank you for the post & the pics.. a lot of time is needed to see all of them :p

momiji said...

Thank you^^ a lot of time was needed to upload all of them also :p