Thursday, August 20, 2009

Syria - July 2009 (3) : Kasab Forests & The Mediterranean Sea

While I was in Syria, I went with my family and some of my relatives to a place near Latakia City called "Um Attoyor = أم الطيور". It's a small and quiet coastal village.

First, we went from Aleppo to Latakia by train, passing through The GREAT Forests Of Kasab And Fronloq. (The way took about 3 hours).

Photos I took through the train window:











After we had reached Latakai, we took a bus to Um Attoyor Village, also, passing through Great Forests and Joyful Citrus Farms.

It took about 1 hour until we could see the sea:


The village of Um Attoyor was really great place, it is simple village but very nice.
It's a place where the green mountains meet the sea.

It was not so crowdy, although we went there in the weekend.


waiting the sunset ...





The sunset over the Mediterranean Sea


Another thing I liked very much in that place was the morning!
waking up early in the morning, walking on the soft sands of the shore while watching the pale blue color of the sea water,

while breathing the fresh sea breeze,

while hearing the roar of the waves mixed with beautiful voice of Holy Qur'an coming from the near boats.


and, while eating hot bread made by a very kind old women.
It was really a great experience when all of your senses can enjoy. Alhamdulellah.


The last picture I will post here is for the Great North River(Annahr alkabeer asshamali = النهر الكبير الشمالي) , which we passed by on the way back to Aleppo.


At the end all what I want to say is:

"May the Almighty Allah protect our beloved countries and keep them safe always"...

3 comments:

Biraru said...

سبحان الله
لم أذهب للبحر منذ سنين.. هذه الصور تعيد الذكريات
شكراً على الموضوع

Amani AbuQdais أماني أبوقديس said...

Amazing pics Momiji san!
Specially the one with Momiji written in sand ^_^

Saemon 左衛門 said...

Your sunset picture reminds me of my sunset picture

Its almost the same, but Rinkuu Town port's sunset was cloudier.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_BZuITHuoAXs/SLXBjpES8_I/AAAAAAAAAaM/4Ih6OhSWD-k/s1600-h/lastsunset.jpg

Ja~ ne